Friday, April 6, 2007

Precious memories of a precosious 3year old!

My children are climbing the walls with all of the candy that they have embibed in these days before Easter. When you kiss them you could get a cavity, They are starting to ferment, I think. Still, I do not keep them from it because the sweetness is only for a season and then it will be gone and I do have a sweet tooth myself. My favorite sweet memory is of Auntie's wonderful egg custard, which she used to make for me because they thought that I was too thin and starving to death. (imagine that:)) Real love was in every bite of that delicious egg and creamery mixture. I miss her right now when I think of it. She was such a stickler and it is sweet to imagine that she loved me enough to make such a healing brew for my froward tastebuds.
My Ezra was having a delightful time seranading us with this whistle that was so shrill that I had to tell him the story of his happy mouthed Grandpa (God rest his soul) who at 3 did the same to Auntie who ultimately gave him the ultimatum that if he blew it one more time he would find it after she passed away, needless to say he "blew it!". You should have seen the tears in his eyes when they found the whistle with his name on it at 40 something years old. I was there and I cry when I think about it. The more things change the more they stay the same!

No comments: