Monday, April 12, 2010

As a tennis ball in the hand of a mighty serve...

That is my paraphrase of my direction to my children. God has given me 3 and 3, like 2 cans of balls. Kapow! I imagine Martina Navratilova. I see the powerful strength of a well placed and powerful serve and see the importance of parenting with diligence. I am no longer a young woman. I am no longer a powerful serve. But, I still have the responsibility of the toss and the serve. Sometimes the finesse of age and spin can do more than the powerful serve. Getting them directed toward heaven is more important than the power of their direction. I will use power and I will use spin. Training and finesse blessed with the amazing grace of the most powerful Savior, will lead us safely through. Bless us to see Your hand in our efforts and the work of our hands, establish Thou it!

No comments: