Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Is there a right use of anger?

We know that there is. God is the perfect example and He uses anger in righteous ways all of the time.
There is a thin line between animosity and motivation. The emotional boost that I get when someone hits that perfect lofty lob and I can taste the overhead. The feeling that nothing is going to stand between me and the full accomplishment of that overhead. My children have studied that moment in their mother. They have nothing to compare it to. They know when they see that look to duck or do or look around at what I am aiming at. If they happen to be the poor "Les'mis" who hit the lob, they know from very young to duck. I won't hit them, but I make it close enough for them to know that that is a dangerous position to be in. Some things, I simply cannot get accomplished until I get to that point of adrenaline. I don't know why. I wouldn't exactly call it anger, although it feels like anger, sometimes, lets just call it "the urgent". Get this finished or else. Or else what? Or else the consequences will be ominous! Kapow!
I am not angry with the ball, I am directing it with power and force and my whole body is involved, Maybe I am angry with the ball. Anyway, I have intention of whomping that ball, several times this season, God giving me strength...LOL

No comments: