Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It rained torrentially

last night. Ginger and Snap and all our garden were very grateful for the water. Our grass is greener this morning and yesterday's 100 degree temps seem just a quaint memory. It was hard to breathe the 100 degree air and all you want to do is lay down and sleep. I did. It is summertime and after work, I wasn't even that hungry, I had a snack and went to bed.
Today is Koph day in our Hebrew alephbet, Psalm 119 verse 145 should be my theme song, "I cried with my whole heart" I am grateful that the psalmist helps us to remember that like the 100 degree temperatures yesterday, there is a day after the cry day. Cried is in the past tense. Some Psalms say I am crying to you O' Lord, this one says I did cry and hope and trust and You are near. That is true that there is air, even when the heat makes it hard to breath and there is God, even when the circustances cause a downcast countenance.
God does not despise us lamenting our sufferings like people do. "Enough, already!" is what people say or want to say. God never says that. He hears our cries and is near to our broken and contrite hearts.

No comments: