Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Can I get my second wind, please?

God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea,
And rides upon the storm.


Midlife, Christmas is a very interesting time. The joys of seeing the children's faces that morning is no match for the joy of another moment of solitude. Why is my heart so selfish these days? God has been so good.
I took indulgences on Christmas day to try to show the children that I had some childhood tv shows too. They were not impressed by Marshall Yup and the Jacksons like they were of the Thunderbirds.
It is not exactly a dark time, just ambivalent. Ride upon the storm of my heart, I pray this day. Help me to give the reigns of my heart to God in my duties remembering 1st Corinthians 13 is always an accepted gift to my family. Rouse my soul from the fatal ease of the knowledge about God without the heart to follow step to step. Wrestle my soul into the reality of the love that You consistently show, God.

No comments: