Tuesday, June 8, 2010

If I had my baby girl again. Laments of motherhood.




She's officially a High Schooler. My baby girl is grown. We never played paper dolls, blocks. We didn't read all of the American Girl books. We didn't play enough with the dolls or soccer as oft as I would have liked.
I said none of my girls will go into adulthood, without an American Twist Serve and a silent set. My two skills, greatly cherished. I don't want an American Twist Serve, Mommy. That is what they all say. What has a good serve and volley and a silent set ever gotten you? Good question. The discipline of imitating and accomplishing something that gets you to a goal. They don't understand the big hullabaloo. Life goes by so quickly.
If I had a baby girl again and I have no intention of having one. Blocks everyday and all of the American Girl's books would be the first thing that I would do. I missed it, but she did okay without those injected maternal intentions.

No comments: