Friday, July 25, 2014

I don't know why you can't keep a vacuum? { I don't know why you can't keep a maid?"} Oh, you don't know, do you?

The distant between the husband and wife was such that he had no idea why the maids kept leaving the house. That house was a mine field for femininity. The bulls kept trampling them and thank God there were more than one feminine creature for them to trample so that the wife survived, at least the 20 years of marriage that were depicted for us to imagine. I often think that Teddy Roosevelt's first wife and Braun from How Green are some of the human carnage of the bullish marriage tendency of the earlier generation. I am of Amazonian stock and I have many a time been smashed and shed tears for the lack of sensitivity that I have experienced in the bullish season of marriage. My husband isn't always a bull in sensitivity, but on occasion he is.

My vacuum remnants remind me of the many devices that are represented in the maids of our earlier generations. Except, that they don't relate to us, personally. They don't commiserate the lack of sensitivity that can be evident in a home.

I try to wet dry vac with a dirt devil to try to sterilize a huge mess from a bustling family, during this bustling season of our lives. I have the wreckage to show for my efforts. Maybe the mess is not worth the wreckage. I will need to purge my vacuum pile.

Lord, help me not to complain about my lot in life. The invisible life of the cleaning crew. The uncomfortable life of the bearing one-another's burdens woman of the house. What did you do all day?

Michael W. Smith's 20 year concert, I am receiving from the Lord as a diamond ring of God's knowledge of my wounds. Thank you, Lord! I know that You love me through every minute. {to quote Mr. Day}

No comments: