Friday, June 10, 2016

"My One Vice!" I caught myself saying

We were at the tennis courts and it was perfectly right for you to break out in huge laughter at that statement. I said, "Don't bring the tennis balls out in the "ReStore" bag, I don't like it". My ragtag tennis paraphernalia is a sore-spot for me.

When racquets were wood, it was my lot to play with a warped, old one. I played with Amy's college, throwaways and other odd racquets, as long as they could fit my hand and had strings, for the most part. I have never gotten to choose a new racquet for my delightful play times. I know my hand fits certain grips and doesn't fit others. I fantasize of hitting with different string weights, but to carry the practice balls in a scrappy bag is my "one vice", to have a hissy fit about.

Indeed, you know that I have a good many vices that I abhor but suffice it to say that the pride of my tennis paraphernalia is the one I wanted you to know about that day. Happy Tennis adventures for yourself. thanks for playing with me.

No comments: