Saturday, January 14, 2017

Just as the tears were about to fall missing Evie... I spotted a line of clouds that made me laugh.

As usual, your Dad was continuing his conversation with Jermel with me on the way home.  I didn' t dare interrupt him and we were both trying to keep ourselves aware of our awake status.  So the conversation didn't lag about this and that.

Somehow, departures always remind mother about the years of nursing my baby Evi and the little fiddle, fluting girl who was "on the bus with Rosa Parks" in kindergarten.

Where did the time go?  we probably meant to say.  We didn't because we didn't want to make each other cry.  Still, your father goes on, trying to encourage me, with cliche's about making the right use of the years of baby and child development experience that I have.  Oh, you should write about it.  He says, as he always does.  Nobody has any use for a "wet-nurse" experienced woman, was what I was about to say about 3 hours into the trip home.

That is about the time that we notice our surroundings.  The clouds broke up and we started to see the sky.  It was delightful and there were a series of curvaceous clouds that looked like a straight line of brassieres across the sky.  I always blame "Mother Day" from Life With Father for these occurrences.  I could almost hear them singing "Our daughters daughters will adore us..."  as they flung what looked like the monument of their own motherhood across the sky in front of us.

None of that milk went to waste, I imagined and I had to laugh instead of  cry, missing you!  Love mommy

No comments: