Sunday, December 9, 2018

It Came, It Came, It Came! the SNOW

Some time in the night, while I was fast asleep, wondering if my baby girl was stuck somewhere in the cotton fields of Murphreesboro, with no help in sight, the snow came to visit us.

Is a wedding worth all of the mothers worrying their wits about 3 giddy girls on the road in the blizzard warning roads of North Carolina? I know we were all concerned that, even though you said you didn't drink at the reception, you were indeed inebriated with the delight of your dear sister coming into her full womanhood of wifing. She is no longer a girlfriend. Even in today's liberated world there is something delightful when we celebrate the coming together of two people under the protection of covenant acceptance of each other. I think even the heavens were delighting in their union. We promise to accept each other in the full light of God's eye. We promise to give each other ourselves and tell everybody that we belong to each other.

It is still enough to make us all drunk with delight that 2 people can come to that agreement to try it for the rest of their lives.

I turned over for the third time and tapped your father to ask if Evie had called and he said yes. I was relieved and went to the window to see if the snow had come. It had!

Hoooooorah!
Two huge delights in 24 hours. My darling daughter was involved in one of the most beautiful things in the world, witnessing 2 people take their vows and NC getting snow for Christmas, but mostly for my birthday. I couldn't ask for a better birthday present!

No comments: