Friday, February 23, 2007

Good Morning, I am bountifully blessed.

The sun has not yet come up on this day, and yet, God is good. The old hymn, When Morning Gilds the skies, comes to mind and my heart awaking does cry, "may Jesus Christ be praised". I am afraid that my grumbling and complaining will not give Him glory. I am struggling and fearful and looking to His next provision. Still, the continued cry of my heart is may my Jesus be glorified. I thank Him, this morning that He is not limited by my unbelief or sin. He created this day and it is my privilege to walk into this dark day holding His hand and looking to my Redeemer for fresh courage and grace to meet the challenges that await me and the overwhelming task of being faithful in the tasks that are my minimum daily requirement, namely being a wife and mother.
To my Father in Heaven, I am just His daughter and He is not grading me on my faith, nor my faithfulness. But, great is His faithfulness and because of this fact and reality, I press on.
I am meditating on Psalm 18 this morning, I will love You, O Lord, my strength. I have been weak in my body and in my soul this week and I am admiring that David could look at the unbelief that was his present position and look through it to a time when he would again love the Lord. That is where I am. I will love the Lord, who is strengthening me but as for right now I am grateful that His love is constant and consistent, when mine is slow and faltering.

No comments: