Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saturday, I got the e-mail

"Aunt Jackie is coming at 5" Yea! My sister came to visit me. So without pomp or circumstance, both of which we wanted to include in her visit; she came sneaking into the house while I was at work. Gifts in tow, Auntly observances about growth and interactions between the siblings. We were very happy to see Auntie and Uncle. We were awed that we had missed them so much.
I dreamed, in my mind about taking my sister up to my room and talking about 3 years of stuff and talk that we'd missed. We did that and walked around the house and reminisced and interrupted eachother, several times we said 5 or 6 sentences all at the same time. What do you want for missing eachother?
Jack is not kissy, kissy and never has been, I don't even remember if I hugged her hello, I know I hugged her goodbye. We talked and caught up with the stuff that makes us us. Not much else to say about it.
For once, the husbands weren't eavesdropping or interrupting. Don't ask me why, I guess they are comfortable with the fact that we love eachother. And after over 20 years, they don't think we're planning our escapes from them or something, who knows. Anyway, they occupied themselves with eachother and left us to our sisterly and maternal and wifely comraderies.
The children had their time. I had my time.
When she left, I felt like I was going into labor again. Not good! I got over it soon enough. Crying and sadness must mean you love somebody. I hope its not this long before I see her again.

No comments: