Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What? sons and daughters of my womb and vows?

My greatly esteemed Bishop Ceasar, the elder of my youth; used to encourage us to read the scriptures. Why? Our eyes probably said to him. He was in his eighties and I, a teenager would want to know how to stay in the scripture even to the old age, like that.
It was a tremendous wonder to me and still is, Bishop passed onto Glory in his nineties, nearly a centenarian and he always said the same thing. "God has a special blessing in each reading of the scriptures. He saves certain blessings for the 100th time that you read a passage."
I could not believe that at the time. I was only grasping my hand around the initial lessons of who is who and what is what in the scripture. Who is Adam?, Who is Noah? I didn't grow up with these names constantly inserted and represented to me. I heard them occasionally, but at 16 I started devouring those names ferociously.
Now, at 46, 30 years later, I see that it is true. The more I devour the heart of God expressed in scripture, the more hungry for God and the more small I become. I am still trying to find out what?


No comments: