Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sitting under God's "straightening comb"


What a wrestle she is! The whole lot of the women in my house are a wrestle from the Lord. God, I will not let go until you bless me, stated Jacob to the angel that God sent to wrestle with him. I used to imagine an equivalent heavenly creature that Jacob was wrestling. Now that I have the superhuman responsibility of rearing 6 children a task that I have absolutely no idea how to attain, I think that the angel must have been at least 6 times bigger than Jacob and Jacob was saying, if you don't give me something that lets me know that you are not here to kill me, you are going to feel my dead flesh upon you. I am holding on and if I am going out of here, I am going out fighting. Some of my children wrestle as though there lives depended on it. When we have to sit still for the Lord to straighten us out, it is not fun. Sometimes it pinches and sometimes He has to put the stuff on the parts of our skin where we don't want Him messing with. God is good and we have to remember that when we are sitting in one spot, learning one lesson again and again until it sinks in.
I, for one am tired from the wrestling match this morning with half of my child's head. I am not equal to the task. God of mercy, God of grace, You are alive and powerful to wrestle Your truths into our apostate race!

No comments: