Friday, May 8, 2009

What? My son! What? My daughter?





And what? son and daughter of my womb and what children of my vows? Do not give your strength to the "illicit" or your ways to that which destroys kings and queens.
There is, everyday, an advertisement to give yourself, to search out the illicit. We spend so much time in one area of the wickedness of man. Instead of that, look around you. Find a problem to solve. Be productive. Don't keep walking around, looking for ways to vex your mother and to satiate your impulses. This is a preventative warning, I hope. I don't see you, but the silly things that we look at can, swiftly direct us to the illicit.
I like looking at that, you might say: cartoons, movies, pictures, idolatry, simplicity, tastes and sights that are pleasurable, only. Wrestle your senses into submission, to you by applying yourself to dutiful obedience. What is there to look at, if not a beautiful, young person? They are everywhere. They are on television. They are pleasurable. Don't use your senses, in only, that way. That is what the teenage discipline time is all about.
How, oh how, do I put the blinders on my eyes to focus them on the real and not on the fleeting? The worm on a hook, is the pleasurable sight of the fleeting beauty. Where did it go? You leave the house, you walk outside to follow the beauty and you are on the hook of the devil and know it not. If you live to serve your lusts, they will enslave you. "I will turn to this, just one time and then I will do my homework." It won't happen! Your lusts are bigger than time. If you follow them, unrepentantly, it is conceivable, that you would be eternally lost in their sway. What else is there? Where else is there to go? Mother is always saying "don't, don't, don't!" Your pleasures are like an electrical current, waiting to be plugged in, for good use. There is a good use and there is a powerful use for that good pleasure and God will give that to you; if it is His will. Ordinarily, that is the way. Until then, wrestle your passions and use your life and pleasures in other areas. Use the power for the corrections of difficulties. Fill your mind with other things to be used for His glory. Save those senses for the covenant of marriage. The real pot of gold, at the end of the rainbow is marriage. MMMMM, that is good!

No comments: