Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday, DC freedoms!

You can go anywhere! It kind of reminds me of that part of Charlotte's Web, where Wilbur pushes through the gate of the pig pen. He gets out and all of the animals hollar at him, what to do first. Dance and run, dig and scratch, twirl and romp, they hollar! I always laugh, when I get to that part of the book. For the first time, there is freedom and facility for Wilbur. All of us, who grow up confined to a car and a family dynamic, can relate to the confusion that it is to get outside into the world and see something other than cotton!

What shall I do? Where shall I go? Who do I ask about these things? The geese will tell you one thing and the gander another. The horses will say to run and leap, but Wilbur was a pig and the things that are fun for a horse are not fun for a pig. The things that are fun for a pig are sometimes just a warm and delicious bath in the mud. Getting free is a bother for him. I am your mother and we little pigs are happy house people. The banter and bother of the city are like the oinking on our plates sometimes, offensive. Don't judge the pigeaters. Don't sit in the house lamenting the food and the fitness of the fares. Get out there and do whatever your little piggy heart lets you! I love you!

No comments: