Thursday, June 26, 2008

Zain or "in" Zain Day

To the tune of Auld Lang Syne by Dan Fogleberg

I met my children at the grocery store,
and it was very hot outside,
I told them I would like to splurge for them,
It hastened all our strides

I said you're growing at alarming rates,
I can't keep up with all you say,
They said, just buy us something edible and then we can go away

We bought a chocolate bar for me to keep,
Some cheese nips and a cherry coke,
We could've thought of a nutritious snack,
But it wouldn't fit the joke,

We drank our toasts to innocence we drank our toasts to NOW,
Trying to inject in them a hope in life,
But never knowing how...

As we toasted to our hearts' content,
Split 20 ozs. in 4 ways,
Yuck, Yuck, Yuck,
We laughed at BACKWASH jokes
til we didn't know what else to say

Our tongues were tired and our lips were blue,
They all said they would have to leave,
A box of Cheese nips couldn't be more fun...

No comments: