Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Open Your Mouth

For the speechless. Open your mouth for the people who can't speak for themselves. Not the animals, per say; but for the "disenfranchised" and oppressed. They used to call them that when I was in school. I wondered every time we prayed in school, they used to say and for all who are disenfranchised and oppressed. In my mind, I always wondered who that was. I never saw myself as one of them and I think that it is so important that children learn to pray outside of themselves on matters that are larger than them. I never got to ask Sister Anne, who are the disenfranchised and what does that mean anyway? It just stayed in my mind until my 25th Highschool reunion and she prayed the same prayer she prayed so many times when we were in school and I said to myself. I used to be the disenfranchised, but no more. I am an effective citizen now and developing effective citizens. I am a part of the process of the growth of our nation. Giving people the words to implore God to become a part of the process starts in kindergarten and before. "God, I am not worthy to recieve you, but only say the word..." Putting the words in the mouth of the children is nigh unto putting the sentiment into their hearts. If the Lord quickens those words into their souls. God enfranchises us and we are His!

No comments: