Friday, November 21, 2008

She is a THINK AND DO BOOK :>

She gives...


When I was a little girl we had think and do books, where we read and did exercises in the same book. Not the text book where you could read but not mark in it. I think that the woman in Proverbs 31 is not a textbook that you read only but a think and do book where you can sense her tangible loving works.
She gives food to her household.
Oh boy, how convicting a sentiment is giving food to someone else. It is against every human emotion to want to give away food. I have been on the feeding end of 7 children at the moment of their birth and not one of them said "no mommy, you first". They all greedily consumed from my body and would have eaten me alive if they would've had teeth, it seemed. Only the motherly love would have allowed them to do that. Over time and by God's grace, we learn to share food with others and share from ourselves.



Elimelech, when he looked for a wife for Isaac, his prayer to God seemed to say that he was looking for a woman who could "feed a bunch of strange camels and not complain!" He used wisdom and trusted God with the outcome of his search. Isaac seemed to be a doted on only child and he needed a woman who could live with that and love him still.
The woman in Proverbs 31 says not you my son. You need to live in peace with a woman who can share food with you and the household.
Yesterday, I ate my first subway sandwich, all by myself. I shared with no one. I gave no one, a bite or a lick. I hope I can go back to sharing again. Pray for me.

No comments: