Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I'll never forget the first smiting of that beauty to my eyes that was Lauren Bacall

She walked or sauntered across the screen in "How to Marry a Millionaire" and I was mesmerized with study of the power of her fully dressed body on the screen.

I said to myself, if we could learn the power that she had, it would completely change the way we look at womanly wiles. We always think that less is more. She was powerful in the beauty of covering. There were scenes of uncovering, but herself covered and the focus on her eyes were a study, in themselves. I think she was blessed with Eve's eyes. Perfect! We all don't have those to work with, but perfect eyes doesn't have to mean wicked eyes. I love looking at the men who are hypnotized by her beauty on the screen, ie. Humphrey Bogart, William Powell,etc. They seemed to look into her to see what it was that they wanted to continue to see when looking at her. She was delightful to look at. We enjoyed 89 years of entertaining beauty from her great generosity to share it with us. I am thankful for the life study of learning to try to become beautiful that is my memory of Lauren Bacall.

No comments: