Thursday, August 7, 2014

The spiritual growth associated with the last season of pregnancy

Wait on the Lord, Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart
I don't think you know what impatience is, until you have an uncomfortable pregnancy prolonged beyond the due-date. The first doctor visit gives you a specific date and you start planning for that date, from day one. Each day that you go past that day is a waiting game. Sometimes you are distracted from the thought. But, usually, you want to see this new person in your life so badly, that each day seems an eternal distance from you and the new relationship you are anticipating to enjoy.

Finally, your heart gives way to trust God's providence as so many people who see you look like a balloon about to burst give you encouragements toward that thought and just at the time you accept the will of God, the baby is usually here and it is all over. Life with baby has begun.

Wow, He did strengthen my heart through that long waiting and uncomfortable time of life. I am now experientially in a new relationship with my baby and with my God, who has strengthened my heart to wait on Him and see Him give me grace and acceptance of His will. I have submitted to a providence that I didn't exactly like and I have seen an answer to prayer beyond what I could have anticipated. You simply cannot anticipate the amount of love God places in your heart for this little stranger, whom you have never met before. I know that I will love him/her. But, I never really know what a hugeness that God infuses in that love.

Can a woman forget her own son?
All may change, but Jesus, never!
God we pray for the women who are expecting that You will draw them near to You as they wait and may they know Your peace that passes understanding. Make their path straight in Your great providence and make them ready for the dearness of motherhood. I love you for letting us have such a privilege of learning to love, on this earth. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: