Saturday, February 9, 2019

Are you reeling in the yeast???

Today was a quizzical day for my bakers quiver.
Somedays it is a yeast bread day and somedays are flat bread days. Today was a cinnamon roll and pizza dough day. As I walk through the store, it is as though women talk to me from the air in the store who have long gone before us. Do you know that this many choices in the store were never possible in any other generation, they ask me? I know, I know is what I often say. Today's suggestion from the great beyond was curly kale and bok choy yeast bread. It is just as ugly as it sounds. I bulleted my vegetable catch in my Nutribullet mixer and went to work making my interesting, if unappetizing concoction. I tasted the juice from my veggies and insisted it needed some sugar to make it work. I added sugar and much less of the concoction than I had earlier thought I would. Celery would have gentled the mixture, I think. Less of the deep green and bitterness, but I used the concoction as I said.
6 cinnamon rolls, 6 large bread rolls and a rectangular pizza came out of the dough.
Reeling in the pounds will be the result, if I eat it all myself. I shared some.I'll let you know if it makes us poop.

No comments: