Thursday, September 11, 2008

Full tummies don't play well!

I wasn't playing my best today mom, stated Enoch. I really hadn't noticed, because the level of difference between us makes me blind to the better days and the good days. He can hit a rally with me and that is enjoyable to me and we are usually having a good time. This time he was comparing himself to some real "players" gentleman who were socking the ball again and again. It challenged him and I was very glad that it did. He was tying his shoes again and again and hit the ball way out of the courts a couple of times.
I ate too much, he said and I really shouldn't have eaten before I came out here. I am glad to hear that word from a growing boy, who holds his own in emptying the fridge, regularly. Next time, I won't eat before I come out and maybe I will play better. With Enoch, I am not sure if that meant that he was tired when he was playing or if it means that he didn't have a good time because he wasn't as good as the other boys. I will have to wait and see with him about that.

No comments: