Saturday, September 13, 2008

Why do you praise walk, mommy?

I asked the same questions of the mothers in the church, when I was a young girl following them around the church at 6 am prayer. Mother, why are we walking around the church in prayer? Why are we clapping our hands? Why do we dance in the spirit? Girl, we are taking authority over our sloth and over the devil; was essentially the theological answer, in translation. I can't remember verbatum the words that were told to me. I just remember that my conscience was carried that this was a spiritual exercise and continued it.
Today, my Enoch followed me in my early aerobic prayer and praise and I answered his silent question; with the reminder of the mothers in the church who raised me on the word of God pablum. God comforts my soul. Grandma Ruth used to say "a rolling stone gathers no moss." One of her cliche's that meant get up and do something already. Praise walking is more than a rolling stone. It is a moving body worshipping God in the beauty of holiness for the life's breath that is lent and for salvation of the soul, which came at the most extreme sacrifice of the life's blood of the only Lamb of God which was a suitable sacrifice. That is why we praise Him exuberantly, son!

No comments: