Thursday, April 23, 2009

This morning the clouds were beautiful and bimulous


as they often are, when I am driving to work. One of them was shaped like a turtle and I thought to myself, don't act like a turtle today. I didn't listen to myself. I hear my dad, as if saying, are you dressed in your turtle getup today, what's the occasion, its not Easter again is it? I laughed at the thought of joking with him over those little things and went on to work. The birds are in the full swing of their relationships with eachother. The are flying and flitting from tree to tree. It is so wonderful to remember that God provides for them. God cares for them. God is concerned about the least little one falling and I can trust His fatherly care. I am reminded that I do not need to care and be sleepless about the concerns of the days and the mess ups that we are always getting ourselves into. God knows. He has these things planned for my good. It doesn't feel like it. I guess the birds can see that I am looking too hard at them for some encouragement on how to lean on the Everlasting Arms. They are not concerning themselves with my cares and God always has their meal and their nests and the supplies for each and every day. Lord, can I trust You in the midst of these economic downturns? I know there is not a friend like You!

No comments: