Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Am I checking in with my children, by checking my emails?

I checked her blogs, no news. I checked my emails, no news. As the old folks used to say, No news is good news.
Well, she came into my room. "Mother, I am not feeling well." I do all of the maternal rantings and ravings of the do's and don'ts and did you and didn't you and really inwardly, I am so happy that she still has some human need for me. I can't catch up with this cyber-conversant generation. Here I am and there I go, they seem to say. I can never seem to remember the passwords or my sitename or any of those things that get you into their confidence. So, I am ostracized from my grown daughter's life, for the most part. She does her jobs in the house and I do mine...until. Mommy, mommy, I feel sick! Don't call the doctor. Quick, quick,quick...A little sleep, a little vitamin C and lots of stroking from mommy and you know what? You feel better! That means that this was a minor thing. Whew!
I got to catch up on her life a little and she got some non-virtual relating.

No comments: