Saturday, July 4, 2009

Entering the 2nd half of Parenting, Down a Break!

It is wonderful to feel all served up! Your shoulder is loose and ready on the first baby and you are serving, what you feel is the best in your life. Acing and ground strokes the best you've ever felt. Healthy eating, healthy walking and taking care of the essentials as much as you can. It is easy with a little one who doesn't question your authority.
Then you blink your eye and they are thirteen and they start to serve them up, against you. My children tried all of my buttons from the jump. The woman who had the serve and aced was now down a break in the teenage years with my children.
One at a time they come on the court and laugh at my serve when I think I am on my game, they laugh and they hit it back as if they are the pro and I am the amateur. Too, bad mommy. I am going to beat you. They look you in the eye, at the break in play. They say, I am going to beat you. Meaning, I will have my way and you will not tell me what to do or have your way in the house or in this family.
What to do when the tyranny of the masses over takes your senses and they are beating you, as they are wont to do?
Serve em up!

No comments: