Thursday, July 9, 2009

The flat ball!

Direct confrontation, I affectionately refer to as the flat ball. There is no spin there are no ulterior motives... Most children start out in the area of Proverbs 31:1 What my son? This means you understand where I am coming from and I understand where you are coming from no back spin, no side spin, no trick shots.
I remember a ball that I saw, hit by Bobby Riggs, when playing against Billy Jean King and that ball went across the net and came right back over the net onto his side. That was the ultimate drop shot. I had a warped racquet in those days and worked everyday on that shot, trying to get a ball to do that. It never did. The closest I have ever gotten to that is to have the dropshot hit the tape on the net.
That is my picture of the second half of parenting, down a break. They have broken my serve, they have broken my reasoning, they have broken my confidence, they have broken my decisions, but they haven't broken my love. I guess that is all that's left if you lose and that is why love is so much a part of tennis. love-15, next point.

No comments: