Monday, July 20, 2009

Mary, Mary, Johanna, Rahab, Ruth...

Sometimes women, should be seen and not heard, I have learned. I watch and listen to the godly women and most of them pondered things in their hearts and you can tell that they are godly, not on account of what they said or didn't say, but because of their new identity in Christ.
I opened my mouth and inserted my foot, as usual, yesterday. Recounting something that was better left unsaid. I just imagined the kind of things that Rahab, the harlot must have said and did that was better left out of the accounts of the people of God. Caleb said, I need to have my family up in the mountains and God promised us a land up in the mountains because we make alot of noise. Thank God, He understands, even the redemption of the ungodly. To the utmost Jesus saves. If He didn't have a place for Rehab, in the kingdom of God, I would wonder if he had a place for me. Just, shut up and look pretty, Rehab. Everytime you open your mouth you show that you weren't raised among the people of God. God changes your identity and your mouth, he has to take time cleansing and clearing. You don't know what to say and what not to say. God gave Caleb an added measure of patience and distance from the others to cleanse the mouth of his rascal wife. Thank God that He has a portion of inheritance for the Rehabs and the Magdalenes who will go into a room of men and pull out an alabaster box and cry on the Lord's feet, because of love. It doesn't look wholesome to the people, but God sees the heart. God weaves these imperfections into His redemptive plan, for His glory.

No comments: