Monday, March 5, 2007

recipes for curing my March madness:

Has Earth No Sorrow…?

I never CRACK the Bible. My usual habit is to have some kind of planned and systematic reading of the scriptures, for my edification and strengthening(a lofty task and sometimes an excuse for not reading:)).
I tease my husband about his oft references to seeing something in scripture, when cracking it. We call it a Christian drug! This morning it happened to me. I, very inadvertently, opened to Jeremiah31;15-17. I know that I needed that this morning. I always intend to go on and let go of the grieving season, but my emotions are not always obedient to my intentions and my emotions seem to get the upper hand in such things. A moping spirit and a bitter attitude are not always seen in the countenance, although they are seen in the actions and words…
This morning, through the Bible Crack (which I abhor), God took my sullenness in His hands and spanked me. Stop it, stop it!
“Earth does have no sorrow that heaven cannot heal!” We are not in heaven yet. In the meantime it is about moderating the pain and using it in service to others! Help me, Lord.
God is not intolerant of my sullenness, He is longsuffering and instructional. Jeremiah reminded me that there is a hope in my future and the sadness should give way to rejoicing in a while.

No comments: