Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I can hit a quarter with a ball, but


Children never go where you aim them, it seems. :) What is that about? Forehand, backhand, serve, or volley, my aim is very close to the target, but not with my children. They have a mind and a direction all their own. God says, as arrows, in the hand of a mighty man. I have been putting them in the bow and aiming and pulling and boing. Here and there and every other place than where I have aimed them. They have their own directional signals, it seems. Like the geese that I saw in formation, they are more about following what I do than going where I am aiming. God give me grace to see that my tossing and my hitting or missing are just shadows of what God is doing to make them who He wants them to be.
He is the PRO. He is the service ace. He is using my children as balls in His arsenal to whip the mighty powers of darkness and create a Glorious Church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, (mixing metaphors).
This is a thinking game and there is a part that He has for us to play in rearing them to be the right person for the job in the outcome. God give us grace to rear them.

No comments: