Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The toss, again...

If I could do it all over again, part of my toss with my children would include far more memory games and play. I would play memory with them. I would do what I could to stimulate every memory follicle in those little brains of theirs. Scripture memory is good for the soul, but all kinds of use of memory is necessary. Email addresses, phone numbers, states, times tables, visually and verbally and any other way that it could be used and utilized.
I see now that as mothers we are building impulses toward good or toward evil. Impulses like the ones that I have when somebody tosses a ball up in the sky. My shoulder automatically triggers. I want to hit that ball. Impulses like when a ball is hit as a dropshot, just a little to close to the service line. I am drooling to run up there and put that ball away. I am building those kinds of impulses in my children. Crosscourt, I said, don't go down the line, go cross court. We are building a language with our children that God will take to the next level. Children of the mother, know that mom will not go for that. My memory and my reflexes were built and added upon for a higher purpose. That is learning enablement and that is the advancement of our culture.

No comments: